The user groups of the two Instagram and Facebook applications overlap considerably and lead to making people try to share their Instagram Stories on the other platform too. These two apps are the most important bridges for connecting people, friends and businesses all over the world.
Most Instagram users use the story section to expand their community on Instagram, and also they believe creating and posting content on the Instagram story is more manageable than other apps like Facebook.
Although you can’t cross-post your Instagram stories on the other apps, it is possible to do it on the Facebook application. So it is excellent! Since you are comfortable creating stories on Instagram, we will give you instructions to cross-post your stories on Facebook in this part.
If you like to share your IG stories on your Facebook profile, stay with us till the end of this article and learn this trick. I’m sure it will come in handy soon.
How can you share your Instagram story with your Facebook account?
If you are a noob using Facebook stories and in whole Facebook, you can use this option and have a great start on your Facebook profile.
So in this part, we will bring all the methods you can use to share your IG stories on FB! Let’s start with the first method.
The First method is: Share Instagram stories on Facebook automatically.
For this aim, you need first to connect these two apps and then activate the cross-posting feature on Instagram. (And if you want on Facebook too)
We don’t want to waste your time explaining how to connect your Instagram and Facebook. We just tell you how to share the story content on the other app.
After connecting Instagram and Facebook accounts, it’s time to enable this great feature: cross-posting.
- First step: Go to your IG profile and tap on the Menu icon, which is the three horizontal lines.
- Second step: On the new page, you have to tap on Settings.
- Third step: Find and tap Privacy > Story from the list of options.
- Forth step: Next to the “Share Your Story to Facebook” option, tap and allow sharing.
The second method is: Share Instagram stories on Facebook manually.
If you don’t want to connect your accounts, it is understandable. But don’t be worried; you can still share your stories on Facebook! All you need to do is download your Instagram stories and then upload them from your gallery in the Facebook stories.
Suppose you have added a piece of music from the music library to your story if you press the download button. It won’t be downloaded. And your story will be without music.
But other features like gifs, stickers, or effects will remain.
To manually share Instagram stories, you have to:
- Tap on the “download icon” on top of your screen and save the photo or video to your gallery.
- Now head to the Facebook account, upload the story from your galley, and share it with your other communication.
If you want to share your story with all the elements you have added to it, you can use the guidance below:
- If you like to share all your stories future to Facebook, you need to share your content as mentioned here:
- Select the three lines in the right-hand corner of your profile, and open the man menu.
- Then you have to tap on “settings” and “privacy.”
- Find the “story” section.
- Scroll down to find and tap on “Share your story to Facebook.”
Now that you know two methods of sharing Instagram stories on your Facebook account, what if you want to stop it?
In the following part, we will discuss the ways you can stop sharing Instagram stories on Facebook, so stay still.
How can users stop sharing Instagram stories on Facebook?
This is as simple as the last one. If you have turned on the cross-posting feature and now you want to disable it, all you have to do is track the steps that we have mentioned here.
To stop sharing your Instagram stories to the Facebook account, you have to:
- Remove your Facebook profile from the Instagram accounts center
- First, tap your IG profile picture to enter the Settings menu.
- On the Account center tab, hit your name at the top. Then find the connected account, and choose the Remove from accounts center option.
- In the current menu, choose Continue and then Username to finish disconnecting.
After disconnecting, every Instagram story you share won’t be transferred to your affiliated Facebook account. If you don’t disconnect IG and FB, your followers on each platform will be able to see and enjoy the content you have shared.
We have reached the end of our discussion. Let’s conclude.
At the end of the line
Have you ever wondered how a person you follow on Instagram and Facebook posts the same story to both simultaneously? Indeed they don’t separately upload the content to each profile. They have utilized a shortcut! Yes, they are using the cross-posting feature.
Today in this post, we showed you how seamlessly post your stories in real-time to each platform. We have two simple methods for doing this. Automatically and manually.